Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Old websites that I built in Flash

For many years, my favorite website development software was Macromedia Flash. Here is a list of various websites (in English, French or both) that I've developed in Flash:

Elements of my birthplace Grafton (Australia)

My brother Don Skyvington.

Labyrinths of Chartres and Lucca.

All the Earth is Mine [novel].

Quest for the Holy Grail [satire].

Lewis Carroll’s descent from the Skeffington family.

Maître Bruno, le premier chartreux.

Terres du Royans au Moyen Age.

Plans du Royans établis en 1780.

Pont-en-Royans.

Lisa. Dialogue avec un être virtuel.
Divination à l’aide des cartes Tarot.

Mes contacts avec Tinos (Grèce).

A few years ago, in accordance with the politics of Apple's Steve Jobs, I decided to abandon Flash and replace it by the latest HTML approach. Today, I no longer have access to any Flash development software. Consequently, all the above-mentioned Flash websites are in a state of limbo, since I have no means of modifying any of their elements whatsoever. So, if I wished to modify one of these websites, I would first have to translate the code into HTML.

Alas, for the moment, I have better things to do with my time and energy. Therefore, it is highly likely that these old Flash websites will remain in their present state of limbo for quite some time... They provide excellent examples of what are called legacy websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment