Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Bad weather for driving

Yesterday afternoon, I had made plans with Serge Bellier to drive to a hardware store in St-Marcellin, today, to pick up an Invicta Bradford cast-iron wood stove:


When I awoke this morning, however, a thin layer of snow covered the ground, and it soon started to fall quite heavily. Within a couple of hours, a thick blanket of snow covered the road up to Gamone. So, we had to postpone our project of picking up the stove. Meanwhile, I was amazed to learn that the Monte-Carlo Rally had been set in action in nearby Valence.


In a press interview, Sébastien Loeb appeared to be a little daunted by the idea of racing along mountainous slopes in such conditions. Friday morning, they'll be leaving St-Jean-en-Royans for the final day of driving that takes them down to Monaco. I would like to go along to watch the departure, but we're all likely to be snowed under.

3 comments:

  1. Howdy, from Mississipi,
    Antipodes is a Hint, possibly, in solving Kryptos from Sanborn, CIA, and the Davinci Code by brown, just chasing Ghost my friend
    LittleWillie
    have a blessed 2013 and beyon

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I learned, while reading WWII, kryptos, enigma and ?two plus one breakin by tutte (after k3sculpture by sanborn) helped Turing break Hydra. The kryptos sculp list the following, as does MR Tony Sales, Fish Bletchley Park talks.
    natural TREE, rectangles 4' tofourm a Flag tHen comes Archer, anagrammed from kryptos to say (follow archer). So, I arrived by Drain Bramage paths, following hydra, tutte and Tuing. thanks my friend. Littlewillie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree entirely. My Irish Kennedy grandmother used to talk to me in similar terms about life and death when I was a child in the ashes. A family legend claims that she had once studied metaphysics in Mississipi.

    ReplyDelete